Rare Earth Gallery 41 SW Flagler Avenue Stuart, FL 34994 772-287-7744 877-287-7744 email@example.com
Take a Virtual Tour: http://fusion.realtourvision.com/tour.php?tourid=30592&referrer=TrafficReport
Rare Earth Gallery was started in Stuart, FL about 40 years ago in 1976. The original owner was a master potter, and featured only pottery for its first 29 years. In 1991, the gallery relocated to the current historic downtown Stuart site. When the master potter retired in 2004, he sold to a couple that began to introduce different media and new artists. However, their focus remained in the production and selling of pottery. Just five years later, in May 2009, they sold the gallery to Becky and Steve Binder.
Becky and Steve immediately brought in a local interior designer and a local architect-contractor. By September 2009, they transformed Rare Earth Pottery into Rare Earth Gallery - a shining, clean, and thoughtfully designed gallery. This was accomplished with a major investment in their only location, and with the aspirations to help support the revitalization of the historic downtown Stuart shopping district.
Since 2009 they have added 15 new media lines and introduced 45 new artists with unique handmade art priced for their economy-minded clientele. Of the gallery’s 70+ artists, over 45% are from the surrounding communities of Stuart, Palm City, Hobe Sound, Indiantown, Jensen Beach, Port St. Lucie and Ft. Pierce.
They continued with on-premises pottery through April 2013 with a master potter and a college graduate with a ceramics degree to bring innovation to the pottery line. At that point, the Binders decided to move the potters to their own off-site location. The latest renovation and investment, finished in September 2013, brought a fresh look and a 30% expansion of the retail gallery. Becky and Steve also completed upgrading all graphics, logos and their website to support the new look. The results are stunning, Rare Earth Gallery has
- Become a destination for art-minded customers who previously shunned shopping at that ‘old’ pottery store
- Added a website, monthly e-newsletter and toll free number
- Been recognized by a local paper, as one of the top ten places on the Treasure Coast for sustainable gifts.
- Won the Stuart Business Buzz Award in October 2013
- An annual charitable event featuring a silent auction with donations by local artists. The Binders donate the proceeds to the Founding Friends of Treasure Coast Hospice each year. The event is generally held the Saturday prior to Valentine's Day.
- Been an active member of the Downtown Business Association of Stuart for over 9 years. Steve served as President (2014-2015).
- Winner of Hometown News Best Art Gallery in North Martin County, 2016 and 2017.